On Saturday 25th November, from 3pm to 7.30pm, Shaw Road in Heaton Moor will come alive to the festive sounds of Christmas once again. This year the 4HTA (Four Heatons Traders Association) has teamed up with Rotary Lamplighters, Heaton Moor Markets and Fountain May to bring you even more fun and frivolities throughout the afternoon and early evening.
There will be delicious seasonal food and drinks, plenty of music and entertainment (hope you can remember the words to all those Christmas carols!), and lots of lovely market stalls stuffed full of gift ideas to make the shopping a little easier, all wrapped up in twinkly lights and Christmas trees. And of course, Santa will be joining us. He’ll be arriving on his special sleigh around 3pm (he’ll stay till 7.30, so no need to rush) and is looking forward to meeting all the little boys and girls. Remember, he knows if you’ve been good (or not)!
So, save the date:
Saturday 25th November, 3pm to 7.30pm, Shaw Road, Heaton Moor.
There’s no chance you’ll go thirsty at our Xmas festival on Sat 25 Nov. We’ve got three great outdoor bars: Tusk, Thom’s and Kro (wouldn’t be the same without them after all!) You’ll be able to enjoy spicy mulled wine, hot cider and plenty of beers
As for food, we’ve got burgers and veggie food from Thom’s Bar & Restaurant, Bratwurst subs, pork loin barms and halloumi barms from Back’s Deli, and Chinese vegan street food from Rockin Buddha in their cute van. Plus hot drinks from B’Spoke Coffee
Remember: no parking = no car!
See which market stalls will be at #HeatonsXmas this year...
- B’Spoke Coffee: speciality coffees, tea and non-alcoholic mulled wine
- Street Treetz: milkshakes – oreo, strawberry, kinder bueno….
- Only 3 Colours: local artist with original works
- Scents and Solace: handmade, fragranced candles and room diffusers
- Kate O’Brien: vibrant art of local buildings
- Ben Sedman: popular original artworks and prints
- Celia Hume Illustration: handmade & designed cards, prints, bags & mugs
- Beaubella Crafts: handmade jewellery and Xmas gift ideas
- Jewellsy: handmade resin jewellery, coasters, keyrings
- Bespoke Berlin: personalised family prints, fabulous present idea
- Tea Parties & Cakes: afternoon tea bookings, cakes to eat and china to buy
- HAC Horticulture: seasonal plants, Xmas wreaths and trees
- Fruits of the Forage: foraged, heritage chutneys and bakes
- Country Fayre: a market favourite of pies, samosas, hummus and more
- Pudettone: British puddings with an Italian twist
- Catfish Kids: The toyshop on the Moor
- Webb’s Beef: a firm market favourite of home provenanced fresh meats
- Heatons Together: exploring and celebrating the Heaton’s connectivity
- Flamingo Paperie: Charity Xmas cards, stationery and gifts
Stage Line Up
All timings are approx and subject to change
- Brass band at 4pm to 4.30pm (parents from All Saints school)
- We are Characters at 4.30 to 5pm. 40-strong children’s drama group
- Jack B Dawson guitarist, 5pm to 5.20pm
- Rotary Lamplighters ukulele band 5.30pm to 6pm
- Jack B Dawson guitarist, 6.10pm to 6.30pm
- The Midlanders 6.30pm to 6.55pm (from The Midland pub)
- Colette Todd to finish, from approx. 7pm.
Road Closure Letter
On Saturday 25th November, the annual Four Heatons Traders Association (4HTA) Christmas Festival will take place on Shaw Rd from 3pm – 7:30pm. For eight years this family-focussed event, organised, manned and funded by the 4HTA, has brought a wonderful Christmas spirit to our community and is enjoyed by young and old alike. It really is a fun, family event. This year’s event will be bigger and better than before, with a larger road closure area on Shaw Rd, Santa’s Grotto, more hot food stalls, pop-up bars selling mulled wine and beer, and live music from choirs, a brass band and other mainly Heaton’s-based performers.
Road closure – How does this affect you?
On 25th November, from 12pm to 10pm, Shaw Rd will be closed from Elms Rd to the junction with Heaton Moor Rd. In addition, the stretch of Shaw Rd from Elms Rd to Moorfield Grove will be for resident access only during this time. We will be using barriers to effect these closures/restrictions with Marshalls in hi-viz clothing to impose the restrictions.
We ask that you make sure your car is not parked anywhere on the stretch from Moorfield Grove to Heaton Moor Rd after 12 noon on Saturday 25th November, as we will be setting up Santa’s Grotto (to be sited outside Shaw House) from midday and bringing in the stage truck at the same time. As soon as all clearing up is finished the roads will revert to normal usage, at approximately 10pm on Saturday 25th November.
After a successful inaugural running of this plan in 2016 we have again decided – in partnership with Stockport MBC, that this is the only safe and viable option. We sincerely hope that this will not inconvenience you too much and hope to see you at the event on Saturday 25th November.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding road closure please contact Melanie Page from Fountain May, who is managing this event on behalf of 4HTA:
Tel: 07818 422722
If you would like to know more about what will be happening on the night, take a look at our 4HTA Facebook page (www.facebook.com/4HeatonsTradersAssociation) or contact email@example.com
Thank you for your co-operation
The Four Heatons Traders Association
Four Heatons Traders Association
Making the Heatons a better place to live, work and prosper